Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Times are not good (just in case you did not know this)

I went out to walk "puppy" last night (in case you are not aware "puppy" is the precious little pup that wondered up to our casa right before Thanksgiving - the one that Daddyboy refuses to let us name, hence his name is "Puppy) when I ran into one of my neighbors walking his dog. Some of you may not be aware that we have a large Hispanic population in my town and this neighbor happens to be Hispanic. His family is one of my favorite neighbors although I admit I don't see them much. I had noticed that their house was for sale and I ask if anyone was looking at it. He told me no and explained that he had been out of work for 6 months and his wife had been cut to 4 days a week. This was making it very hard on them and they were trying to sell their house. He was trying to find odd jobs for some income. I felt so bad for him. He is a hard working man, he is here legally and his children are fantastic kids, not the gang bangers. I don't live under a rock and I know the economy is bad but that really hit home for me when I find out one of my neighbors is in a bad situation due to the loss of his job. My family has been blessed. My husband works for this family's business and as long as there is any money to be paid his father will see that he gets a check and at this point I think that my job is safe although I did receive a small pay cut. I really try to keep things I write light hearted because I certainly do not want to be depressing but I feel that our economy is really is terrible shape and that God is bringing us to our knees, heck, maybe putting us on our backs. I hope that all of our nation is praying and asking for God's guidance on what we should be doing. I know that I am.
So I guess my whole point of this is to ask each of you to please pray for our country and our president. Perhaps you did not vote for him but at this point he is the leader of the United States of America and needs our prayers. As citizens of this great country, lets stand together and pray together for things to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment